Portal Login icon

Frequently Asked Questions

We aim only to cover our costs in providing the factoring service to you. The Fee is reviewed annually to ensure that it reflects the cost of staff time and overheads incurred in delivering the service, including; arranging repairs, paying contractors, processing insurance claims, issuing factoring invoices, processing payments and pursuing factoring arrears.

If you need to make a claim under the Buildings Insurance Policy please contact the Maintenance Department on 0141 941 1044 who will provide you with all the information your need in order for you to make the claim. Any incident which might give rise to a claim must be reported to the Association within 7 days of the loss. The Association will not submit insurance claims on behalf of owners.

However, the Association will submit insurance claims in respect of damage to common areas of the block, on behalf of all owners. Where a claim is being made as a result of vandalism or malicious damage, the Police should be called and a crime reference number obtained. We will arrange for 2 contractors to assess the damage and quotations will be forwarded to the insurance company for authority to progress with the repair.

The person you should contact will depend on the nature of your query.  If your query relates to:

• Repairs, gutter cleaning or landscaping - please contact the Maintenance Section

• Communal window cleaning - please contact the Housing Assistant for your area

• All other queries - please contact the Finance Section

If you are unhappy with the quality of a repair carried out by one of our approved contractors please let us know immediately so that we can take your complaint up with them right away. Often owners and sharing owners do not record their dissatisfaction until they receive their invoice, by which time it may be too late to successfully or fairly challenge this.

Please contact the Finance Department on 0141 941 1044 or by email.

If you are experiencing difficulties in paying your factors account, you should contact Fiona White, our Finance Officer, on 0141 941 1044 or by email who will be happy to arrange an affordable payment plan so that your account can be cleared within a reasonable period. It is very important that you do not allow arrears to build up, so contact us as early as possible if you are having problems. You should not ignore reminder letters as this could result in the Association taking further action (i.e. raising an action against you in the Small Claims Court), which can increase the debt owing and adversely affect your credit rating.

Sharing owners must apply to the Housing Management Section for permission to sub-let. View our policy on sub-letting here. All other owners should inform the Association if they sub-let their property and provide their correspondence address so that factoring invoices can be issued to them directly. It would also be useful to provide a contact telephone number in case of emergencies. You will still be responsible for the payment of all factoring invoices if you sub-let your property.