Portal Login icon

Mortgage to Shared Equity Information

Logo Scottish GovernmentMortgage to Shared Equity is part of the Home Owners' Support Fund.  The Scottish Government can take a financial stake in your home.  You will still own your home and continue to have responsibility for maintaining and insuring it but you will be able to reduce the amount you have to pay to your lender each month.

Mortgage to Shared Equity will not be the best option for everyone. There is also Mortgage to Rent (details can be found here).  To find out if it is right for your situation you should seek advice. You must get advice before you apply.  The Government's information leaflet is available from the table below.

You can get advice from a number of sources including Citizens Advice Scotland, Money Advice Scotland and Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS). These sources will be able to tell you what your options are and discuss them with you.

If you want to know more about the scheme please contact the office. 

For your information, contact details for those agencies listed above are shown here:

West Dunbartonshire Citizens Advice Bureau

Clydebank Social Economy Centre
63 Kilbowie Road,
Clydebank G81 1BL

Tel: 0141 435 7590
Fax: 0141 435 7591

Money Advice Scotland

Tel: 0141 572 0237
Email: info@moneyadvicescotland.org.uk
Web: www.moneyadvicescotland.org.uk

Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)

Tel: 0800 138 1111 (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday)
Web: www.cccs.co.uk

Add: Wade House, Merrion Centre, Leeds LS2 8NG

Mortgage to Shared Equity