Mortgage to Rent Information

Logo Scottish GovernmentMortgage to Rent is part of the Home Owners' Support Fund.  If you own your home and are in danger of having it repossessed, the support fund may be able to help you.

The Scottish Government can arrange for a housing association, such as Clydebank HA, to buy your home and for you to continue to live there as a tenant paying a social rent. Funding may be available to the landlord so that any necessary repairs can be made to the property and you can be charged a social rent.

Mortgage to Rent will not be the best option for everyone.  There is also Mortgage to Shared Equity (you can find details here).  To find out if it is right for your situation you should seek advice. You must get advice before you apply. The Government's information leaflet is available in the table below.

We offer a free and independent Welfare Rights Service to our tenants, owners and sharing owners, in partnership with the Clydebank Independent Resource Centre (CIRC).

The service is available between 10.00am and 1.00pm every Tuesday and Thursday of the month.  Tuesday at CIRC's office and Thursday at Centre81, 2-16 Braes Avenue, Whitecrook.  Call CIRC on 0141 951 4040 or ourselves on 0141 941 1044 to make an appointment.

Alternatively, you can get advice from a number of other sources including Citizens Advice Scotland, Money Advice Scotland and Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS). These sources will be able to tell you what your options are and discuss them with you.

If you want to know more about the scheme please contact the office. 

For your information, contact details for those agencies listed above are shown here:

West Dunbartonshire Citizens Advice Bureau

Clydebank Social Economy Centre
63 Kilbowie Road, Clydebank G81 1BL

Tel: 0141 435 7590
Fax: 0141 435 7591

Money Advice Scotland

Tel: 0141 572 0237

Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)

Tel: 0800 138 1111 (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday)

Wade House, Merrion Centre, Leeds LS2 8NG

Mortgage to Rent