Key Focus and Priorities 2019/20
After a full Management Committee, Staff and Tenant Panel review of our Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, our business objectives and mission statement, the following key focus and priorities for the organisation in 2019/20 were agreed: -
- To seek out development and funding opportunities to increase our stock.
- Manage/reduce the current risks to us, our tenants and other customers in relation to fuel poverty, access to online services and the ability/opportunity to participate in society, whilst being aware of our environmental impact by providing support, advice, signposting and delivery of our funded projects.
- Manage/reduce risks to us and our tenants in relation to welfare reform.
- Make sure we comply with Scottish Housing Regulator and Scottish Social Housing Charter requirements.
- Explore opportunities to address low demand at multi-storey flats.
- Protecting cash flows by looking at new ways to invest and by keeping a close eye on the effects of increasing costs relating to pensions, national insurance contributions, new energy efficiency standards, arrears and bad debts etc. and making sure that our income is spent in the best way to get value for money from our Major Repairs Programme through procurement processes.
- To identify estate management solutions and work with other agencies to make sure our estates remain desirable.
- Participate in Investors in Young People assessment and maintain the standard.
- Promote Centre81 and its activities to ensure its long-term future.